204-623-6152 chancery@keepas.ca

Sacramental Records

Please check the map to determine if the Sacramental Record you are requesting is within the geographical boundaries of the Archdiocese of Keewatin-Le Pas.  Sacramental records for locations outside of this area are not available at this office.

Who can request sacramental information?

Access to information in the sacramental records is restricted to protect the privacy of individuals named in the registers.  Similar to the policies of Vital Statistics, Baptism and Confirmation records which are less than 100 years old need to be requested by immediate family.  Marriage records less than 80 years old and burial records less than 70 years old are also restricted to immediate family.

Information from more recent records can only be released to immediate family.  This includes:

  • The person named in the record if the person is 18 or over.
  • A parent or legal guardian of the person named in the record if the person is not yet 18.
  • The children or descendants of deceased persons (grandchildren, great grandchildren). A document proving they are descendants may be required.
  • A person with written authorization from one of the parties named above. (Proof of identity will be required).  

Of note…. If the record you are requesting is for someone other than yourself and that person is still living, then the record request needs to come directly from that person. (Proof of identity will be required).

Government-issued or band-issued identification bearing a photo and a signature will be accepted as proof of identity. Other documentation may also be required to ascertain an individual’s relationship with the person in question.

How do I apply? 

All requests must be made using the official applicable request form (see below).  Requests must be accompanied by the payment and a copy of government-issued or band-issued ID (see above).  Any problems encountered in processing requests or finding information will be communicated to the person who made the request.

Payment may be made by cash, cheque, money order or e-transfer.

Please make cheque or money order payable to:  ARCHDIOCESE OF KEEWATIN-LE PAS

For e-transfer information, please contact Nicole at the Diocesan Office at 204-623-6152 ext. 1.

Please send the completed Release Form with the $20.00 fee and proof of identification to: 

      The Archdiocese of Keewatin-Le Pas

     c/o Nicole Helstrom

     P.O. Box 270

     The Pas, MB  R9A 1K4

     Email:  chancery@keepas.ca

     Fax:  204-623-6121

For more information in regards to Sacramental Records, please contact Nicole Helstrom at:

      Phone: (204) 623-6152 ext 1

     Fax: (204) 623-6121

     Email:  chancery@keepas.ca

We desire to help families in their search for their sacramental records, but we need to balance that with privacy issues and just how time consuming the searching of old records can be for us.

Baptism, Confirmation & Burial Record Request Form

Marriage Record Request Form